• Terror funding case: Separatist Shabir Shah's aide Aslam Wani arrested by ED
Terror funding case: Separatist Shabir Shah's aide Aslam Wani arrested by ED

According to India Today , Wani was earlier arrested in 2015 and it was then he claimed passing Rs. 2.25 crore to Shah. The official said that Wani, 36, is being flown in from Srinagar and will be produced by evening before a special judge in Delhi for his further custody.

Read more

  • Kushner Companies offered green cards to foreign investors who paid $500000
Kushner Companies offered green cards to foreign investors who paid $500000

Federal prosecutors in NY have reportedly subpoenaed Kushner Cos., the firm belonging to White House senior adviser Jared Kushner , over its use of a controversial visa program the company used to woo Chinese investors to fund a New Jersey development, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Read more

  • US President Donald Trump asked Anthony Scaramucci to scooch over 'inappropriate' comments
US President Donald Trump asked Anthony Scaramucci to scooch over 'inappropriate' comments

Scaramucci emphasized publicly he would report "directly" to the president when Priebus was chief of staff. But, in a turbulent day, Gen. John Kelly was in as Chief of Staff, and Anthony Scaramuccci was out as communications director .

Read more

  • UNSC imposes new sanctions on N.Korea
UNSC imposes new sanctions on N.Korea

Ri was spotted at the gala smiling and toasting with the other foreign ministers. Russian Federation and China have advocated a freeze-for-freeze approach, whereby the US and South Korea would halt their military exercises and North Korea would do the same.

Read more

  • Berlin: 2 Chinese tourists detained for making Nazi salutes
Berlin: 2 Chinese tourists detained for making Nazi salutes

The two visitors, aged 36 and 49, were also taking pictures of each other with their cell phones. The pair were questioned at a local police station and released after paying 500 euros ($589) bail each. Germany has strict laws on hate speech and symbols linked to Hitler and the Nazis , who ruled between 1933 and 1945. They can be included in docum...

Read more

  • ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meet in Philippines
ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meet in Philippines

Southeast Asia's top diplomats have slammed North Korea with a sharp rebuke over its intercontinental ballistic missile tests and reminded Pyongyang of its duty to avoid conflicts as a member of Asia's biggest security forum. "If and when a code of conduct is finalized, we can rest assured that it will be diluted to a point where it does not damage...

Read more

  • Aldi stores in Germany stop selling eggs amid Dutch food safety scare
Aldi stores in Germany stop selling eggs amid Dutch food safety scare

Twelve out of Germany's 16 states have been affected by the scandal, which became public earlier this week when eggs from Dutch farms were found to contain high levels of Fipronil. Fipronil is commonly used in veterinary products to get rid of fleas, lice, and ticks. But it is banned from being used to treat animals destined for human consumpti...

Read more

  • China Supports Tough New UN Sanctions Against North Korea
China Supports Tough New UN Sanctions Against North Korea

But Liu also criticized the US role on the Korean peninsula, saying the deployment of a USA antimissile system, called THAAD, in South Korea, "will not bring a solution to the issue of [North Korea's] nuclear testing and missile launches". Russia's U.N. Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia said he hoped recent remarks by U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerso...

Read more

  • Man mauled by bear after he teased it with food
Man mauled by bear after he teased it with food

The bear is then reported to have used it mouth to grab Mr Promratee before pulling him over the wall and into its enclosure. A video of the horrific attack, which already made rounds online, showed how the furry animal knocked the man unconscious and dragged him back to its cage.

Read more

  • ASEAN vexed by South China Sea disputes as Phnom Penh backs Beijing
ASEAN vexed by South China Sea disputes as Phnom Penh backs Beijing

During their meeting, Cayetano and his ASEAN counterparts also discussed preparations for the upcoming related ministerial meetings and the Informal ASEAN Ministerial Meeting at the sidelines of the United Nations (UN) General Assembly meeting in NY in September.

Read more

  • Venezuelan Armed Forces Repel Anti-Government Attack
Venezuelan Armed Forces Repel Anti-Government Attack

There has been a wave of near daily anti-government protests and dozens of people have been killed in protest-related violence since April, amid food shortages and an economic crisis. Global pressure against Venezuela's election has been increasing as the United States, Mexico and Colombia said they're freezing assets and imposing other restricti...

Read more

  • Crackdown on leakers isn't an attack on journalism: Deputy AG
Crackdown on leakers isn't an attack on journalism: Deputy AG

Rosenstein mentioned that those in the media who publish classified information are not necessarily committing a crime, but those people in the government who are leaking the information are. While Rosenstein made clear on Fox News that the crackdown on leaks was not a direct attack on journalists, he left open the possibility of cracking down on j...

Read more

  • Brothers and sisters across India gear up to celebrate Raksha Bandhan
Brothers and sisters across India gear up to celebrate Raksha Bandhan

On Saturday there were rushed sales, last-minute shopping of gifts and candies as the city geared up for the festival that celebrates the brother-sister bond of love. Because of variations in the waxing and waning of the moon, the exact date changes every year, although it usually always falls at some point in August.

Read more

  • Atlantic high pressure to affect weekday weather
Atlantic high pressure to affect weekday weather

Temperatures will creep back up towards more normal summer levels. The first has been given a 40% chance over 48 hours, 60% over 5 days. Widespread heavy rain and flooding is possible late Sunday night through Wednesday . Wind: S 10 miles per hour. Partly sunny with a high near 76. Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11 pm,...

Read more

  • Trump touts work on ISIS
Trump touts work on ISIS

The Syria Democratic Forces - an alliance of Kurdish and Arab fighters - have seized up to 45 percent of Raqqa since launching an offensive in early June to recapture the Islamic State group's Syria stronghold. "It is more likely than not, at least 624 civilians have been unintentionally killed by Coalition strikes since the start of Operation I...

Read more

  • Pence aide: Report on 2020 run 'nothing more than wishful thinking'
Pence aide: Report on 2020 run 'nothing more than wishful thinking'

The Times reported that Pence has set up an independent fundraising committee and packed his schedule with events with party donors. The Times story said some Republicans were moving to form a "shadow campaign" for 2020, as though the president, Donald Trump , were not involved.

Read more

  • Eiffel Tower Evacuated Overnight After Attempted Attack By Armed Man
Eiffel Tower Evacuated Overnight After Attempted Attack By Armed Man

He was quickly surrounded by security forces and surrendered, the official said. He said he wanted to attack a soldier. In June, a 40-year-old Algeria doctorate student who had pledged allegiance to the ISIL attacked a policeman with a hammer outside Notre Dame cathedral.

Read more

  • Syria Army advances against Islamic State, approaches Deir Ezzor province
Syria Army advances against Islamic State, approaches Deir Ezzor province

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Bashar al-Assad's Army had captured al-Sukhna from the terror outfit after heavy artillery firing and airstrikes by Russian Federation. There was no official confirmation of Sukhneh's capture from Syria's government. The recovery of the city, however, has not been confirmed by the syrian gover...

Read more

  • India pushes Sri Lanka to 50-2 after scoring 622-9 December
India pushes Sri Lanka to 50-2 after scoring 622-9 December

Rahane looked to be positive and added some runs to his name before becoming Milinda Pushpakumara's maiden global wicket, out stumped for 132 while going for the big shot. In the 1993-94 series, India had thrashed the visitors by an innings and 119 runs in Lucknow; an innings and 95 runs in Bengaluru and an innings and 17 runs in Ahmedabad.

Read more

  • Man dies and two missing after boat sinks in Channel
Man dies and two missing after boat sinks in Channel

Four people were believed to have also been on board a small vessel, a coastguard spokeswoman said. The coastguard helicopter and several lifeboats have been called after a man was spotted in the water off the Sussex coast. Sussex Police said in a statement that the boat is thought to have left the Brighton marina after midnight "but the facts ar...

Read more